Re: Discovery

On 12/10/06, John Magliacane <kd2bd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Gorgeous view of Discovery climbing out tonight from across the state. It
> > gave me a good feeling, especially knowing there are ham radio satellites
> > onboard!
> >
> > 73, Drew KO4MA

I have to pile on here.  I also saw it from here in southern Maryland.
 It appeared about 7 minutes after launch and was higher on the
horizon than I expected.  A rough guess would be about a "fist and a
half" high.  I watched it for about 2 minutes before it disappeared
behind a thick line of trees.  It was bright orange and moving at
roughly the same speed as the ISS when it goes over.  I have seen the
ISS fly overhead many times, but this was my first time spotting a
shuttle launch.  Very cool stuff!!!

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com