Re: Discovery

That is the last time I listen to the talking heads at CNN (making me a
lemming) instead of calculating myself.  They had a story which stated
it would not be visible north of North Carolina, so I did not go out.
The simplest kind of approximation says they are attempting to enter a
certain orbit which has a certain well known orbital period.  In order
to achieve this,  the motors would have to be going long past the time
the shuttle would come above the horizon here. We know from experience
how long the motors burn.  I just did not turn on my brain.

DRAT.

I bet it was awesome.

Feeling dumb in NJ,
Bob

--
"If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the
corridor in the other direction. " - Dietrich Bonhoffer