Re: Lunar Architecture Moon Base

James R Miller wrote:
> On Dec 04, Pat, KA9SCF wrote:
>
>> With the amount of libration on the moon, what's the maximum antenna gain
>> per band that you can get before it becomes too much of an issue.
>
> http://www.amsat.org/amsat/articles/g3ruh/110.html
>
> Perhaps this should be in the Amsat FAQ   =%-)
>
> 73 de James G3RUH

Perhaps with all the "noise" (pun intended) here recently about
unlicensed transmitters on 2.4 GHz... the following line from the article:

"For a given TX e.i.r.p., signal strength received at Earth depends only
on the mechanical size of the RX antenna; frequency is irrelevant [1].
Noise level however is not, and S-band (2.4 GHz) is a sensible downlink
choice because very low noise performance is robustly obtainable "off
the shelf"."

Is more controversial than it once was?  :-)

Or maybe not.  Depends on who's arguments one liked during the recent
2.4 GHz debate on the mailing list.

The above comments notwithstanding, nice article James.  Thanks for
sharing the link.  I learned something from reading it, and that's
always a Good Thing.

Nate WY0X