Re: Please do not use too much power on the uplinks

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 10:50:58PM +0100, OZ1MY wrote:
> Hi all (Europe)
> During this weekend I have heard a lot of stations
> using far too much power on the uplinks to VO-52 and
> FO-29.
> Some even say that they are using 80 to 100 W to relatively
> large antennas - that is not necessary. It is counterproductive and
> make it difficult for small (QRP) stations to work the satellites.

5 watts is plenty for FO-29 with a decent array. It is nasty to hear ssb
modulating a cw signal and nasty to hear ssb being pumped by cw.

> NO - I do not want to be a police man but it makes a very bad
> impression on potential satellite users on ham meetings, where I
> have tried to make them active on the satellites.

It happens all the time, I doubt anyone reads and remembers. *sigh*

- 73 Diane VA3DB

--
- db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db