Alliant rotor U100

Message text written by Norman W Osborne VE3CJE

Anyone use the Alliant rotors for tracking?
Where would I look for information to interface these rotors, hardware and
software?
Presently have Nova tracking software.

Norman<

Like many others, I used the U110 for elevation for years. Not very
accurate, lots of backlash (flop in the breeze), no feeedback pot. Might
(is) be a problem with a feedback system. Not the best, but cheap. As long
as the antennas don't have too sharp a pattern, you should be OK. You will
have to use an external position sensing arrangement.
Have fun...

73

Ed K9EK
EM69xd