Re: Question about tuning for doppler and SatPC32

In a message dated 11/20/06 6:35:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, ehekman@cox.net
writes:

> Since I have found it easy to implement and it makes QSOs much easier to
> maintain I am curious why computer controlled Doppler correction is not used by
> all stations.  Are there some radios still in use that do not have the
> capability for computer control?
>
> Ed
> WB6YTE

Hi Ed....

Just speaking for some of us Luddites, the thrill and challenge of a "pure"
QSO, maybe with just CW, is part of the experience. I suppose I could get my
computer to run consecutive QSOs, doppler tune, voice track, log, post my log in
LOTW etc, but that is not what I enjoy.

My opinion is that "I did it myself" applies to computer "programming," and
to satellite operation seperately.

I will reward you on your accomplishments, but reserve the right to set my
own goals.

That said...anyone want to try AM through AO-7?  hihi

Roger
WA1KAT