Re: Opinions on ICOM 1271 1.2 ghz rig for satellite use?

Perfect for use on the birds Greg.

The antenna I use now is the one from WIMO.
A 4 X 9 turn HELIX on a square backplate.
What a difference on the uplink compared to
the long multi-element type. Less windage,
which is ideal living so close to the sea.

(I use it for 24cms ATV too.)

I also have a 1271E available as I have the
23cms module in the 910H.

Price ? Now, that's a different one, depending
on what part of the world you are in, you could
expect to pay a different price I guess.

Cheers Greg,

Dave.

Member of Purple Mug Tour DX Group
Serious Operators Having Serious FUN!