Opinions on ICOM 1271 1.2 ghz rig for satellite use?

Hi folks,

Not owning a 1.2 ghz rig, and it apparently being a strong preference for
Eagle, I've been on the lookout for a way to get on that band.  A
more-or-less local ham has an ICOM 1271 rig for sale.  How would this rig be
for satellite work?  What would be a reasonable price?

With 10 watts out, and about a 60' run to the roof (about 50' of that would
probably be hardline), would I need a massive antenna to get any kind of
signal into the bird?

The alternative is probably to find a one of those rare 1.2 ghz modules for
my Yaesu FT-737R, or some sort of transverter driven from my Yaesu FT-736R
or FT-767 (50/144/430 modules installed).  What do you think?

Thanks,

Greg  KO6TH