Re: 1.2GHz and K5GNA BBQ Ant ??

In the course of my travels, I read about the K5GNA dish screening
on K5OE's site:

http://members.aol.com/k5oe/K5GNA_dish.htm

According to the text you get 1.5dB from the screen.

As far as the 1.2GHz antenna, I've only got a couple responses.
No real clear answer on whether linear or circular is an advantage,
or if switching polarization is advantageous.  Not sure if this
info is so common no one is interested in answering, or if there
are so few users of the mode, no one really knows.  Nothing on the
AMSAT site I could find.  Individual web pages on the topic yield
a vastly disparate range of configurations, so no clear path to
follow there.   I got a quantative value of 1kW ERP on 1.2 to work
AO-51, and a source of yagi antennas from M2 and helix antennas
from W7LRD.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM