From: "Bob Bruninga " <bruninga@usna.edu>
To: "Greg D." <ko6th_greg@hotmail.com>, gary_mayfield@hotmail.com,
amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Re: Station Control Help
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 07:39:10 -0500 (EST)

Interesting.  No, I have no clue, and my data is only empirical.  I hope my
link still gets bettere as more leaves fall...

Bob

-----------------
Hi Bob, Joe,

This is very interesting; I have the reverse situation.  My home internet
connection is from a wireless ISP who uses 2.4 ghz 802.11b Wi-Fi equipment.
The run from my house to his central antenna is about 3/4 mile, with a gain
omni on his end, and a grill on mine.  There are a few trees that we're
shooting through, trunks mostly, aiming between the fluffy stuff.  I've had
this setup for several years now, and by far most of my problems with
service are in the fall.  Rain is not a factor (it doesn't really start
raining much here until winter sets in).  Not the leaves (they're falling
not growing).  Not anything I can put my finger on.  I'd love to understand
why.  Any ideas?

Greg  KO6TH