Re: Station Control Help, wf1f

MM wrote:

> for aprox $1000 you can setup a very "reliable" 1+
> mile 900 mc ethernet link.

Zoinks! Couldn't you just modify an off the shelf $35.00 2.4Ghz 802.11b
WAP by downconverting  the output to some legal frequency range/output
level? I'm not up on the legalities of 900Mhz data operation, but since
you mentioned it I'd imagine you could mix the output of the WAP with a
1500MC oscillator and filter out a 900 Mhz signal?.. and I think you can
control the bandwidth of the signal by throttling the data rate IIRC.

I'm positive there is an IF in there you could tap to make the whole
operation easier and more efficient.. You could probably use retuned
surplus GSM cell phone hardware to re amplify your 900 Mhz signal as well.

I think you could try that, scrap everything, and start over a few times
before you reached 1000 dollars!

  I'm just totally in the dark as to how Part 15/97 rules would apply at
that point.. I've never had to give it much thought.

73, Jason N1XBP