Re: IT time

At 04:50 PM 11/8/2006, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> > Hello
> > Running IT on a P4 computer with XP.  The time gets really
> > messed up.  I have to reload IT very often to be accurate.
>Any ideas?
>
>We see that too.  Each time we put it in the background, I think
>the clock stops or slows down or something.  SO when the next
>class starts, we do a reload of IT, and then the clock is OK
>again...

Hi Bob and Bob,

Under Windows, you must run the DOS emulator in full-screen mode to get
the DOS clock ticks at the correct rate. If you minimize the
Window, the ticks will stop completely.

WindowsXP has a built-in clcck synchronizer but it will not
be frequent enough in auto mode to keep the clcok within seconds.

You really have to do an update every day if you want to
be on-time for orbit calculations either using the built-in
synchronizer or one of the add-on packages.

73,
Tony AA2TX