From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Luciano G. Nachif
Sent: November 2, 2006 2:36 PM
To: amsat-bb
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Handheld of Choice...

All,

I had an Icom IC-W32A for about year and a half. I tried that with either an
Arrow or a Premier AL800 antennas and NEVER was able to work AO-51 or any
other satellite. It was quite difficult to hear a bird on 70cm downlink. I
never heard my return.
Upon trying satellite work it was noticed that one of the receivers was not
as good as the other. One can do it by simply tuning both receivers to the
same distant repeater.
I'm glad Icom has put an end to that HT and hope that the company will come
up with a new unit which will give us a chance to forget a word:
"FRUSTRATION"

Best 73,

Luciano Gasparini
PT9KK