Re: info on satellite placement

Simon:

We are completely dependent on the launcher to get us into orbit.
Period, end of story.   If the launcher does not put us into a stable
orbit,  the launcher failed its primary mission.

That said,

Please go and look at the pictures from some of our previous missions:

http://n4hy.smugmug.com/AMSAT

and in particular, look at the pictures for Phase 3A, AO-10, and
AO-13.   In the cases AO-10 and AO-13,  you will see two men in
"spacesuits".   They are filling our satellite tanks with fuel and
oxidizer for our rocket motor.  Phase 3A (never given an oscar number
since the launcher failed) did not have this because it had a solid
rocket motor.  I believe it was a Morton Thiokol kick motor.

The primary rocket launcher in these cases did not, and was never
intended to,  put us into our FINAL orbit.  We carried a significant
rocket motor to put ourselves into the final orbit.  Further,  almost
all of the complexity of these payloads (satellites) comes from the need
to carry propulsion.

73's
Bob
N4HY