Re: SAT PROGRAMS AND TIME CHANGE

Doug Kuitula wrote:
> Hi all,
>  This may be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway.
>  While going through the house changing all the clocks for Standard time this morning, I started to think about how most satellite tracking programs automatically change from standard to daylight savings time. With us changing next year to March and November, won't there have to be some sort of change in the software? I'm using Instant Track and have no experience with other programs. So I'm not sure if there is a method to change with them.

Hi Doug,
    Not normally a problem.  The satellite software gets the current
time from the PC.  Assuming you are running Windows (and I would assume
the Mac is the same way), it's all automatic.  If there is a change in
when daylight savings time begins or ends, Microsoft will include that
in a routine update to Windows.

--
73