Re: VO-52 underused bird

I'm surprised to hear VO-52 is underused bird over NA.

VO-52 is very crowded over JA. Recently, many CW portable stations
QRV from everywhere in JA. They are hopping each orbit and QRV from
different place. I made over 100 very short CW QSOs this month.
VO-52 is easy sat for CW station. Some portable stations are using
simple V/UHF dual-band mobile whip antenna, and win the good
results.

73

Masa  JN1GKZ    Tokyo Japan

>Hello
>I never hear anyone talking about vo52.  I was there aos to los cqing myself.  The sat
reminds me of the old rs 10 days.  A good sized bandwidth and enough time for a couple
short enjoyable qso's.  See you there.