Re: AMSAT-BB Blocked

I've been receiving quite a few 'failed mail' reports for message i've never
sent.  I saw alot of this a year or two ago.  As best as i could tell then,
some form of 'malware' was harvesting my e-mail address from an infected
PC's address book[s].  I then had my e-mail address intermittently blocked
by a several ISPs.  The problem mostly went away on its own, albeit i did
report the problem to a couple of ISPs.

I'm seeing similar reports in the past week or so.  Also, no headers have
been provided, so i can't diagnose this on my own right now.  I also go
copies of a couple of my own postings, and the 'From:' line in my message
was "amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org]"; (as i
read the AMSAT-BB on-line due to its volume).  I suspect the malware is
thus also sending infected e-mail using 'amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org' and
perhaps your ISP, legitimately on auto-pilot, is blocking messages from
this Sender.  The fix to this will probably vary from ISP to ISP.

This is not a pretty picture and i see no easy fixes.

[Note: If i'm in your address book, please replace 'qsl.net' with 'amsat.org'.

 I never send unsolicited binary attachments, and so if you receive anything
 purportedly from <kd6pag@qsl.net> that isn't signed with my callsign, then it
 probably isn't from me.  There's a new worm/virus out there that appears to
 be sending infected messages with addresses it finds in their hosts' address
 books.  If you getting strange 'failed mail' messages, that's what going on.]