Re: Is TH-D7AG the only widely available full-duplex HT??

John Mock KD6PAG wrote:
> I was trying to help out another ham get started with satellites, and
> just checked the on-line HRO catalog.  They no longer list the Icom W32A,
> only its accessories.

Ugg, yet another reason to keep babying my Icom Z1A. I've always thought
that radio had a very intelligent design and I can't quite figure out
why it didn't catch on. Mine's seen a lot of use and I've been fearing
that it is going to "go" soon. It occasionally will switch bands, toggle
the PL tone, or something else unpleasant by itself. I thought that the
W32A would be the logical replacement because they are so similar (no
faceplate though..). I don't really look forward to switching
manufacturers since I'm so used to Icom's menus. I wonder how they let
this market segment slip by?

73, Jason N1XBP