Gifts to AMSAT via your local United Way

Often, AMSAT members have ask if they can make a contribution to AMSAT via
their local United Way drive. I have spoken with Leslie J. Talley, Director,
Community and Public Sector Workplace Campaigns at the National U-W office
and was informed that there are NO national agencies within U-W. Every
agency that wishes to be eligible to receive donations must go through that
local U-W campaign office and seek approval.  With that in mind, I would
encourage anyone who wishes to make such a gift to call their local U-W
director and ask if they will allow such a gift.
AMSAT does not have the staff to canvas the country and establish these
hundreds of relationships.
One alternative is to just reduce your U-W gift and write a check to AMSAT.
Both are tax deductible as charitable donations. (Check with you individual
tax advisor to review your specific circumstances and deductibility).

We do continue to be certified by the Combined Federal Campaign so Federal
Employees can continue to make annual donations by listing AMSAT CFC #2944
on their pledge form.

Regards,
Gunther Meisse
AMSAT Treasurer