Help on Rotator Problem

Hi to the list,
I own an Azimuth Elevation rotator
Yaesu G-5400B.
Since a while I am having a problem:
When I turn the azimuth Rotator I can see that the needle when it moves it
does not move straight but often it makes a little flick backwards of the
turning way. Sometime it seems that the needle stops for a moment.
I've been with a friend on a roof and while turning the rotator I did not
see any obstructions on the turning way of the rotator.
This problem shows whichever way I turn the rotator CW or CCW.
Anyone can tell me what could it happen and how to solve it?
Any help will be rally appreciated.
Thanks' in advance for any help

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester