Rotator

 Hi folks,

 Yesterday I placed a new "no name" rotator for my Satellite antennas
on my 2nd QTH but unfortunately I noticed a very strong spark-noise during
rotation
(even if I have "ON" the NoiseBlanker).
This rotator including  DC-motor, so It's obvious that the sparks generated
from
motor's carbon-conductors. It has just a capacitor (0.33uF) to prevent
that. (BTW the noise is terrible on VHF and my S-meter rising to 9 S,
on UHF is just audible but annoying on weak signals).

 I'm thinking to place an additional filter with caps and some ferrites
(VK200 ?)
close to the motor. The current consumption is about 0.3 A (at 18V DC)
during rotation.

If somebody has any experience with this unwanted effect, any suggestion /
idea
is  welcome.

73, Mak SV1BSX

 sv1bsx@yahoo.gr
http://www.qsl.net/sv1bsx

LAN eMail-Server: This Email has been checked by NAV 2006
                                               Virus Free