From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 12:49 PM
To: Trevor
Cc: AMSAT BB
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: FCC Part 97 Report and Order - ISS

On 10/11/06, Trevor <m5aka@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> The recent FCC Report and Order (R&O) has a couple of changes relating to
> Amateur Radio and the ISS.
> ----
>
> The FCC has issued a Report and Order (R&O) to amend Part 97 of the
Amateur
> Radio Service rules, see

Thanks for posting this Trevor!  In addition to rebroadcast of ISS,
this finally makes Kenwood "SkyCommand" legal in the U.S.

I note the document indicates "Adopted:  October 4, 2006".  Am I to
understand that this means these amendments to Part 97 are now in
effect, or is there a further step required by the FCC?

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com