Re: FCC Part 97 Report and Order - ISS

> I note the document indicates "Adopted:  October 4, 2006".  Am I to
> understand that this means these amendments to Part 97 are now in
> effect, or is there a further step required by the FCC?

This still needs to be published in the Federal Register, and then will
take effect 30 days after that happens.  This is noted about 2/3 of the
way through the document.  FCC can't specify the date for this, since
it doesn't control when actions like this are published in there.  Some
have commented on other lists that this should be published in the
Federal Register in the next few days, so it may be sometime in
mid-November before these changes take effect.

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/