Re: Eagle U/V modes

At 9:08 PM -0700 10/10/06, Greg D. wrote:
>>1.  I was also excited by what I heard about the Text Messaging
>>proposal.

Are any of the details of the Text Messaging system published
yet? I looked on Eaglepedia, but didn't find any details.
Will the SDK regenerate the bits at the satellite, or
will it just send the ground station's digital signal
back through the SDR bent pipe?

Is this going to be a heavy coded downlink like the
AO-40 telemetry (Reed Solomon plus Viterbi r=1/2 k=7)?
Coding? Baud rate? Message format? Modulation scheme?

kb5mu@amsat.org wrote:
> This not being Star Trek, we can't improve the uplink by shunting
> warp power to the receivers.

Hmmmm... What would be the RF equivalent of a
Heisenberg compensator? :-)

Douglas KA2UPW/5