Re: More Clutter on 2.4 GHz

At 03:11 AM 10/10/2006, Nate Duehr wrote:

>Also illegal.  Check the FCC's ERP limits for point-to-point 802.11 and
>I believe you'll find that what your ISP did for you is breaking the law.
>
>36" dish + 100 mW looks to me like it's way above the ISM band EIRP
>limits for unlicensed use, since the limit is 100mW EIRP.

Hmm, I thought your base EIRP was 4W (same as it is here) for 2.4 GHz
wifi (and probably other SS/high speed data networking), and that
under US rules, you could increase that further on point to point
links on a sliding scale (we can't, it's 4W for all antenna
configurations here).

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com