Re: More Clutter on 2.4 GHz

> I googled the product with the "50" at the end of the part
> number and several sites came up with "claimed" ranges
> between 5 and 10 kilometers. Because the product seems only
> to be available in the UK I didn't convert it to miles but I
> think it's 3-6 of them.

You got the conversion right... :-)

Interesting radios, the question is whether small business will take to
them, and how far down the price will drop.  The current price (269 UK
Pounds) is definitely going to limit it to those security conscious
businesses who want more than 5 users at a time in a conversation (up to 5
users can be handled using cell phone PTT fairly cheaply over much greater
distances).

In the longer term, they may become an issue.