Re: S band interference solution

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert McGwier" <rwmcgwier@comcast.net>
To: "Dave Guimont" <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
Cc: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 3:03 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: S band interference solution

> Dear AMSAT friends:

> The advanced communications package recommended to the AMSAT BOD will
> use two uplinks,  L band and 3.4 GHZ.  It has a proposed C band
> downlink.

> Bob
> N4HY

Hi Bob, N4HY

In Region-1 many countries including Italy are not allowed to use 3.4 GHz
but in your report to EAGLE CSVHFS you writes:

" Some Things to Note # 3c

If we go ahead and use 9 cm for down-link then Amateurs would still
be able to listen even from Region-1,even without a rules change
(albeit illegally!) "

In my opinion the above proposal to use 9 cm albeit illegally for down-link
seams to be viable.

Why to use instead the 9 cm band for uplink and make the life difficult for
many of us in Region-1 not having the previlege to live in Region-2 and
Region-3 ?

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico