Re: [eu-amsat] ... Err!, an observation.

On 5 Oct 2006 at 12:42, john hackett wrote:

> So ... how come I could hear myself when AO-7 was in darkness?. As can be
> imagined, I will keep tabs on this tomorrow morning.
>
> Sensible explanations please written on the back of a clean $100 bill
> wrapped round a wallbrick and chucked through my window - or - an e-mail to
> <la2qaa@amsat.org> at a pinch, will suffice
>
> 73 John.

My explanation

The various tracker show up the GROUND track the point where the satellite is passing over a point
on earth at ground level. But if the sat is at 800KM he can be illuminated by the sun. It is the
same phenomenon when you see ISS passing over you you are in complete darkness but you can see the
sun reflection until iss goes out the solar range illumination point.

I often hear AO-7 when he's in the darken part of my tracker map but at his elevation he's starting
to pick up some light and it takes not too much light.

"-"
The medium is the message...The content is the audience...;)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
WAC basic,CW,Phone,Satellite
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe