Re: weird 847 behavior

Jeff,

I had something similar.  It was exactly like the normal mode VU problem
people report and usually fix with a diplexer.  I eventually discovered that
it happened even with both antenna ports connected to shielded dummy loads.
I suspected that it might have been caused by an internal grounding problem.
As it happened, I was getting ready to send the rig off to Yaesu for some
other work, so I never got around to tightening anything.  While that was a
true nightmare, when I came back, eventually, that was fixed, though not
much else was.  And now I have a nasty chirp on CW, but only in SAT mode.

Alan
WA4SCA