MER beta software

Hi all,

I have just placed a beta version of a piece of software for decoding the
data endoded in MER
images filenames e.g. 2N164809112EFFA8C5P1795L0M1.jpg

The software will display the image while browsing your collection, decode
the exact time on Earth (UTC and Local time zones), display the correct SOL
number. Show a larger size image. Display images in stereo if an image pair
is available. Other information is displayed and some still being worked on.

It displays Martian day time but the solar clock is still being worked on,
so, it is approx. an hour out at

times.

If you have any suggestions for additions or changes, let me know.

Please have a look at the screen shots page.

The downloads are at the bottom of the page, if you do not have WinRar, the
best choice to download would be

the bottom one MerdatBeta.exe. with a picture of the rover on it. It is a
self extracting executable, but

will ask you for the password when you attempt to extract the files.

http://www.qsl.net/vk3ukf/

then click on the Merdat decoding link.

They are both password encrypted, so please email me for the password.

Thanks Kevin, VK3UKF.