Re: Primestar L Band

> Using 30-in, gain = 24.1 dBi at 2401 MHz
> Using 48-in, gain =  29.2 dBi at 2401 MHz, gain = 23.7* dBi
> at 1268 MHz
>
> * Note: The smaller dish is too small at 1268 MHz and the
> larger dish may not produce this gain since it < 10 wavelength

> in diam.

I can vouch for that.  We just finished a lab where we used some
of the little 1.2 and 2.4 GHz TV cameras as signal sources and
then used a 24" DIRECT TV dishe to let the students measure the
gain between a dipole and the dipole on the dish.

You are correct.  There is no meaningful gain at 1.2 GHz.  2.4
GHz gain was striking.  I'll wait to see their data before I
commit to how much gain we got at 2.4 GHz.

Bob, WB4APR