Re: Primestar L Band

> How much gain can I expect to get from a 36x30" primestar
dish....

Off topic, but a great way to get lots of gain without the
BIGness of a 3m (10foot) dish is to take one of the quadrants of
one of these old backyard monsters and only use it.  The feed
still goes at the same place, but now it is an OFFSET feed and
the dish is only one fourth the original size.  I mean to take a
picture someday...

It might be useful for bolting to the side of the barn and
pointing out horizontally to bring in that 802.11 internet
access from the coffee shop down the road.  Neat thing is, with
the offset feed, it "looks like it is pointing up" even though
it is pointing horizontal...

Just a thought as I was carrying one of these big ugly dishes to
the dumpster.  It had only one useable quadrant left anyway, and
that's when I realized it had GREAT 2.4 GHz high gain potential.
For fixed links, you only have to nail it up once.

Bob, WB4APR