70cm preamp

On my V/U setup I have a SP7000 70cm preamp. Working FO29(JAS2) my 2 meter
signal overloads the preamp, my signal splattering like an adjacent strong
station. With preamp off the problem is not there. In testing I found the
overload happens in any combination of 70cm 2m frequency pairs. I can
eliminate the problem by lowering the tx power, but by doing so I have a
hard time copying my own signal. How can I eliminate the 2m sig overloading
the preamp while still maintaining  adequate power?
Antennas m2 436cp30,  Gulf Alpha 2m5el, both right hand polarization.
I could use some suggestions.
Thanks Bill