HITSAT heard in CW mode over West Malaysia

Hello All,

Today, 27th September 2006 at 1048 Hours UTC, I had a 27 degree pass of
HITSAT over West Malaysia.

I am very happy to announce that I heard its CW signal on 437.275 MHz +/- as
soon as the satellite was about 0.3 degrees in elevation.  This is also the
first time I am hearing a signal from this satellite.

I have recorded the entire pass and those who are interested may download
the MP3 recording at http://www.9w2qc.net/hitsat/hitsat.mp3.  The size of
this file is about 5.2 MB and is about 11 minutes in duration.

I was using Object-B keps (29480) as announced by Mineo-San (JE9PEL)
earlier.

Equipments used were ICOM IC-910H and 2 x Diamond A430S15 (15 Element) UHF
Yagi, Vertically Polarized.  Unfortunately, my preamp has failed to work, so
no preamp was used to copy this signal.

73,
Sion Chow Q. C.,
9W2QC.