Re: Galileo interference on L band

Thanks Bruce for your input. It seems to have quieted the crowd.

You wrote (and it's worth repeating!!)

"This debate grows more interesting with time.

Current publicly available Galileo documentation indicates that "Safety
of Life" services will be provided on  E5a/E5b (1164 to 1215 MHz)
downlink and the E2/L1/E1 (1559 to 1591 MHz)  downlink.  The E6 (1260 to
1300 MHz) downlink is designated for 'commercial services' and not the
aviation.  Thus, I am VERY curious why the interference to aircraft
navigation receivers is constantly brought up in this discussion as it
appears a non-player.

For all but the most precise needs, dual frequency capabilities will
eliminate the 1st order ionospheric errors leaving only the 2nd and 3rd
order terms which are on the centimeter level.  Thus I don't see the
need for aircraft navigation systems to employ 'tri-frequency' receivers.

What am I missing here?

--
Bruce Rahn"

Wisdom has two parts: