RS-15 satellite.

I was reading recently about the status of RS-15 which was declared
semi-operational.  Nevertheless I thought I would give it a try.  I would sporadically
hear the beacon and then try to access the transponder and remained persistant
in trying for several days, then about 3 days ago I turned on my rig to try
and forgot the uplink frequency and wrongly entered 144.958 to 144.998 [rather
than the listed uplink of 144.858 to 144.898] and the transponder responded
with the downlink still in the listed range of 29.354-29.394.  I have continued
to be able to get the transponder to respond by useing the "wrong" uplink of
144.958-144.998.  I hope others will try the same as I sure would like to make
some contacts rather than simply hearing my own signal.  Thanks.  Gary
DeMunbrun [ WA4RKS].