Re: S Band UP

Greg -

Many early satellite TVRO systems (cable head ends and early home users) -
that used that used 10 foot BUD (Big Ugly Dish) used an IF of 70 MHz -- so
reception of "S" band was fairly straight forward.

Problem with current commercial satellite transmit systems at your local
gasoline station or car dealership (on their roof) -- is that these systems
are largely at C or KU ----- and not S band.
(I was hoping for an L/S transponder on Eagle -- sounds like that is not
happening -- left with P3E system).

I have not recently looked at the DEM or SSB Electronics offerings - but 2 m
and 70 cm were their preferred rig frequencies.