Re: AO-51 S Downlink

On 17 Sep 2006 at 23:09, Clare Fowler wrote:

> This evening I tried a QSO with Dave G1OCN when we
> both had a max elevation of 5 degrees. I could hear him
> and myself for over a 3 minute period but he did not
> hear himself or me.
>> Clare VE3NPC

Hi Clare

I try to dust off my former AO-40 L mode to give a try on the L/S mode. There is much more dust
than i was expected and even the S-signal seems to be weaker than the V/S mode?

Any way you don't speak about the 2.4ghz infamous interference? Ottawa is not too far from here is
it possible there is a connection with your results and the overall earth base TX/RX setup?

I have a clue but your insight can be of a greath help actually as you are an expert operator to a
point to be able to be a satellite control station.

"-"
The medium is the message...The content is the audience...;)

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
WAC basic,CW,Phone,Satellite
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe