From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Bill Ress
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 5:39 PM
To: G0MRF@aol.com; brobertson@mta.ca; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: The Mode B tradition

Hi David,

Help me out with the 100,000 single point failures. Are you referring to
the
complexity of digital gates etc., in the DSP.

Isn't P3E going with a digital IF or are they using an analog backup or
vice
versa? That's the SDX thingy isn't it?

Regards...Bill - N6GHz

Hello Bruce / Dom.

I agree, the UV on Eagle will be apparently analog (ue) to the casual
user.

But be aware Bruce that it's not "primarily" a software driven
transponder.

It is in fact TOTALLY software driven.  There is no linear IF, just  DSP
in
the core.  Or from another viewpoint  100,000 single point  failures
just
waiting to happen.

73

David  G0MRF