Re: Eagle-S

On Sunday 10 September 2006 22:15, WILLIAMS MICHAEL wrote:
> I'm waiting for AMSAT-DL to announce it's abandoning P3E's S-band downlink
> system based on AMSAT-NA's recent data.
>
>   It would put an end to this.
>
>   Nobody seems to put my 5 GHz phones back in their chargers when done.
>

>   Mike
>   K9QHO
>   AMSAT 33589

Looking at this problem from a diversity angle, P3E carrying S-Band
would mean that at least one sat would have the ability with Eagle
doing something else.

I too am interested in hearing what the Amsat-DL people will think,
but they might be too far along to change things, even if they wanted
to.

So look at it this way: increased diversity means that one of the two
current philosophies (or, religions ;-) ) will win out, but we ALL win in
having two different options up there, eventually.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en82