L'ers equipment

Hello
I would like an informal survey regarding what you are using for Mode L.  I am working on my system and do not want reinvent the wheel.  The format of radio-power-transmission line-antenna/gain.  I use a IC-1271A-10 watts-50 feet LMR400-12T helix about 12 db gain (or so).  I need to improve my system and as usual your advice is invauable.  Perhaps several on the list could benifit from this.  The current AO-51 in L/S is an excellent chance to fine tune my system.
73 Bob W7LRD
Seattle