First L/S QSO!!

I worked AK5V for my first L/S effort.  Though several others did not hear me or said "you're too weak om".  Clearly I have some work to do.  What is the recommeded erp for AO51 L band??  My little 10W through 50 feet of coax to a 12 turn helix is just not cutting it.  In planning for the next HEO I will have to make improvements.  What are you L'ers using?  I will be on the next pass.
73 Bob W7LRD
Seattle