Re: SDX transponder timing delay measurements?

Douglas Quagliana expunged (dquagliana@aol.com):

> I know the design isn't even done yet, but has anyone
> ever measured the time delay of an RF signal *through*
> the (demo) version of SDX?

There was a demo of the board at Dayton, I was lucky enough to get a demo while we were setting the booth up. The demo setup, if I remember correctly, was using two SDR-1000's. I didn't find the delay noticable at all. Propagation delay is much more of an issue for HEO.

BTW, the SDX sounded FANTASTIC! I had goosbumps when N4HY tuned to the beacon :)

-Steve
N1JFU