Re: S band and Eagle: an appeal for a higherleveldiscussion

> Mode B suffers from a worse problem than the S-band noise:
> physics.  The Mode B receive antennas need to be phyiscally
> large, and putting up large antennas is becomming a problem
> more rapidly than overcoming noise on  2.4.

Lets preserve 2m downlinks for OMNI directional downlinks to
Mobiles and handhelds where the 19" mobile whip OMNI has
a 9 dB  advantage over 70cm and a 24 dB advantage over 2.4 GHz.

We can easily close the link to mobiles and handhelds with
Omni antennas with 2 meter downlinks from space.  I hope we
Continue to develop this mobile satellite capability.
PCSAT and ARISS packet system demonstrate this easily.

De WB4APR, Bob