L band

One thing may not be clear to all AMSAT members. There is still an L-band
receiver in the Eagle requirements document for the analog transponder. The
San Diego meeting recommendation was to move the digital transponder uplink
from C to S. So far, no decision has been made to eliminate the L-band
analog uplink.

The analog transponder has a U uplink so if L becomes inaccessible, it still
works. The digital transponder has no secondary receiver so its uplink
frequency is more critical.

73,

John
KD6OZH