Re: SDX transponder timing delay measurements?

Hello Douglas

> I know the design isn't even done yet, but has anyone
> ever measured the time delay of an RF signal *through*
> the (demo) version of SDX?

I think I can answer that. The buffering and the algorithm introduces a
32.5ms latency for a 100kHz passband.

The PC port is nasty because of Windows' buffering (I only use the Windows
Media API, not the lower latency options), so the latency on a PC platform
is more like 1/3 sec.

The embedded hardware takes 32.5ms from antenna to antenna, i.e. it is not
noticeable.

73 Howard G6LVB