Re: The REAL future of S-Band (was "Special AMSATdinner")

> The same thing will happen with WiFi:  all the new laptops
> and PDA's will come with the higher frequency cards, and
> users will be forced to migrate upward.  You can take that
> to the bank!

I disagree.  Sure, eveyrthing is going up  because 2.4 is
overcrowded.
But as soon as the higher bands get satruated, market forces
will see a return to whatever band is still viable.  It 2.4
thins out, then more future consumer devices will just come back
in...

No way will a "license free band" ever become empty or abandoned
(yes, 49 MHz may have, but it has so little bandwdith...that no
one wants it?
Bob