From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org on behalf of Armour, Randy (ITS)
Sent: Sat 9/9/2006 4:55 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] APRS on ISS, PCSAT, and PCSAT2

I will apologize in advance as this question has probably been asked several times already.  I am attempting to digi-peat through PCSAT, and PCSAT2 with an Arrow handheld and Kenwood D7A.  Having no trouble using APRS on the ISS, I hope to be able to do the same with PCSAT and maybe even get through PCSAT2 before decommission.

I can decode packets from PCSAT and PCSAT2, but never get a packet through either system.  PCSAT had a 90 degree pass this morning, with no luck.  I am suspicious that my packet path is incorrect, or I don't have enough power to reach the receivers.

Packet path is ARISS,APRSAT,SGATE,WIDE.  I was recently told that only ARISS was needed for PCSAT, PCSAT2, and ISS.  Having no luck yet and time growing short for PCSAT2, I am hoping to get a definitive answer from the list.  What is the correct packet path?  Can I make it with such limited equipment as a handheld beam and 6 watt HT?

Thanks in advance,

Randy - KI4LMR