SuitSat-1 Return

Masa,

I sent this to the SAREX reflector, since it is human spaceflight
related.  But I will post here since the question was raised.

73,  Frank, KA3HDO

All,

On September 7, 2006 at 16:00 GMT, SuitSat-1 re-entered about 1400 km
south-southwest of Western Australia.  For more details, including the
winners of the Chicken Little Contest, please go to:

http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/ariss/suitsatContest.php

I want to thank all who made SuitSat-1 the phenomenal event that it
was.  Your hard work and dedication paid off.

In just 3 weeks the SuitSat team developed and delivered a safe satellite
system that has gained the confidence of the international space
agencies.  The web and PR team were able to garner unprecedented press
coverage of our ham/educational outreach activity, including over 9 million
hits on www.suitsat.org  in February.  Students around the world had the
opportunity to participate in a 7 month "school spacewalk" with the
artwork, pictures, signatures and voices on-board.  And the "super-sleuth"
ham radio operator extraordinaires were able to pull a significant amount
of data from the satellite despite of its low signal strength.

And my congratulations to the students and adults who won the Chicken
Little contest!!

Next for SuitSat-1--the commemorative certificates/diplomas.  And at the
AMSAT-NA symposium/ARISS meeting we will discuss our thoughts and plans for
a potential SuitSat-2.

Stay tuned!

73,  Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO
AMSAT V.P. for Human Spaceflight Programs
ARISS International Chairman

Message: 4