Re: want this

>The above was gleened from all the lateset gnashing.  Is or does
>anyone know of work being done of 5ghz receive systems?  I have a
>bunch of old C band receivers and C band LNA/LNB a 12 foot TVRO.  I
>am not and engineer, but I can follow directions.  Just get me
>started I would like to get ahead of the curve.  5ghz  will be in
>our future, ready or not!
>73 Bob W7LRD
>Seattle

Well grab one and have a play with it.  See what you come up with.  I
have converted 12 GHz sat LNBs to 10 GHz by super gluing an extra puc
onto it's exiting puc, to change the Lo to 9 GHz.  Played around with
the LNBs pre-amp and filters by cutting/adding pcb tracks.  No reason
the same can't be done on C band LNB.  You will be moving the LO
about 2 GHz might be bit of stretch but it's going to be fun to find out.

I did read a page about moding 12 GHz LNBs for 10 GHz ATV.  Here is
one page that gives step by step mods and there are a couple of
others around
http://www.qsl.net/pa3gco/zelfbouw/blauwkap/bluecap.html  I have also
seen the same done for a 2.4 GHz transmit converter on drake type
downconverter which I can't find the page for at the moment.

C band LNBs are cheap to get and there are heaps of them out
there.  So let's get at it!